Friday, May 2, 2008

The expo

The expo for the BMO Vancouver Marathon was held at the Westin Bayshore. I went on a weekday morning so it wasn't too busy. Package pickup was quick and efficient.



The Expo was much bigger than the one for the Scotiabank Half which is the only other one that I have been to. There was a good variety of vendors hawking running gear, food and other marathon events.


I bought some WrightSock running socks and collected samples of PowerBar, tofu cakes, Advil, granola bars, etc.

I also picked up the premiere edition of iRun. It's a brand new Canadian running magazine. I get a free subscription for running the Vancouver Marathon. It looks like it has some good articles in it and I'm looking forward to reading it.

It turns out that the package pickup may have been efficient but accurate it was not. I didn't notice until after lunch (and luckily we decided to eat lunch on Denman Street and we were still in the area) but they gave me a large shirt instead of the medium I ordered. I had to quickly pop in again to get the correct size. It was noticeably busier than before lunch but as I made my way through the expo again, I had more granola bars forced upon me. I didn't resist and collected even more food.

The shirts for the half marathon are black Adidas technical shirts and I think they look quite nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment