Sunday, August 14, 2022

Week 2

You'd think that, being retired, I'd have plenty of time to get my training done.  But, once again, life intervened and I missed my strength training day this week.  At least I got my runs in and made up the strength training on my rest day.


My long run this week was 5 miles.  That's the most I've done since I did my marathon 14 years ago.  I was happy to be done but could have gone further if required.


I have an Apple Watch and one of the statistics it tracks is VO2 Max.  While I realize it may not be entirely accurate, I'm looking at it for longer term trends.  This week I maxed at 39.  When I started the training program, my best reading that week was 38.3.  It appears that I'm slowly trending upwards which is nice to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment