Sunday, August 7, 2022

Week 1


This week was the first official week of my half marathon training as I started a 12-week program by Marathon Handbook.  I had to shift the run days around to fit my schedule and I'm using elements from other training programs as well.

We spent a couple days in Whistler so, once again, I had to fit my runs in where I could.  My race pace run still didn't quite meet my goal but it was closer.  I missed my strength training day; instead I ended up doing a 8.5 mile hike.


I was pretty tired by the time we returned home from Whistler so instead of doing the scheduled tempo run with hills, I went at an easy pace.


The long run for Week 1 was 4 miles.  I had done up to 4.5 miles recently so this was no problem.


On my Sunday rest day, I made up the strength training I missed earlier in the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment