Sunday, June 15, 2008

Triathlon World Championships

Last Sunday, I volunteered as a course marshal for the elite race at the Vancouver BG Triathlon World Championships. I had a great view of the bike leg as the athletes climbed up Thurlow Street towards Davie Street. The highlights were broadcast on CBC yesterday and in this picture taken from the show, I'm the guy holding up the red flag on the left.

Fortunately, the weather cooperated and the conditions were cool but dry. Unfortunately, the results for the Canadians I've been following wasn't what I was hoping for with Simon Whitfield only managing a 6th place finish and Kirsten Sweetland finishing 38th as a result of a heel injury. Whitfield will be representing Canada at the Olympics but Sweetland was not chosen for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment