Monday, June 23, 2008

Week 3

Three down, 15 to go. Last week was a recovery week with only 15 miles of running. I ran pretty hard on Monday, averaging 8:18 per mile. It was also my first outdoor run in a while. I tend to run faster when not on a treadmill. I took it easier on the other runs.

Today begins week 4, and the long run upcoming on Friday is up to 9 miles so we're starting to get into more serious distances.

My wife ran in her very first race last Friday. It was the Chip's Not Dead Yet Memorial Mile. It's a fundraiser for the BC Children's Hospital. Chip Wilson is the (not dead) founder of lululemon athletica and he matched all entry fees with a contribution to the hospital. It's a one mile race up a rather steep hill. I didn't race but I volunteered as a greeter at the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment