Monday, June 9, 2008

Yoga

My wife decided we should attend a yoga class. I figured that it could help with my running and fitness since I'm not very flexible. I'm not really that interested in the spiritual side of yoga.

We went for a free beginner class at lululemon. There were a few others there but we were the only yoga virgins (and I was the only guy). We let the instructor know that this was our very first yoga class so she made sure she explained all the moves and positions.

We did some basic poses like the downward facing dog.


We also did some more difficult poses such as the crane pose (bakasana). My wife managed to face plant into her mat and I didn't fare much better.

I was surprised by how much trouble I had with a tree pose (vrksasana). It looks simple.


All in all, I actually enjoyed the session and I think we'll add some yoga into our routine.

Photos from www.yogajournal.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment