Sunday, July 3, 2022

I'm Committed


I went ahead and actually registered for the Great Trek Half Marathon in Vancouver, BC.  The course runs through the University of British Columbia which is where I attended university many, many years ago.

The training plans that I've seen are mostly 12 weeks in duration and I have more time than that until October 22 so I've been building up my mileage in preparation for the official Week 1 of training.  I just completed Week "-4".


I'm doing a modified version of Amanda Brook's beginner Run to the Finish half marathon program.


This week I completed a 2-mile and a 2.5-mile run with hills and an easy 3 mile run along with cross training days.  Like before, the majority of my training is on a treadmill.  It's felt good to get back into the exercise routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment