Sunday, October 2, 2022

CIBC Run for the Cure

The CIBC Run for the Cure is an annual fund-raising event in support of breast cancer research.  I had run it a couple times in the past to support friends with breast cancer.

I decided to do it again this year, even before it took on much more personal reasons.  Before we went on our last vacation, my wife had her regular, bi-annual mammogram.  The results came back with some suspicious calcification and she took an ultrasound when we returned.  She was immediately scheduled for a biopsy and at this point we're still waiting for the results.  We're hopeful it's benign but it's just a reminder of how close breast, and all cancers, can hit to home.

The run is 5K but it's not a timed event.  Based on my watch, I did the 5K in 25:31.

I even made it onto a couple of the evening newscasts.




No comments:

Post a Comment