Saturday, October 1, 2022

Week 9

Vacation done - check
Recover from stomach flu - check
Ready to resume full training schedule - wait. what?


I thought that, again, I'd be able to get a full week's training done but it wasn't to be.  This time, I woke up a bit lightheaded and any time I bent over it felt like I was about to faint.  My blood pressure was lower than I ever remember it being recorded.  Of course, that meant taking another day off.


I resumed training on Tuesday with a race pace run.  I decided to do it outdoors, the first time off the treadmill in far too long.  I tried out my new FlipBelt to hold my phone and keys.  It works as well as all the online reviews say it does.  



The dizziness resurfaced on Wednesday and I was forced to skip the remaining training runs scheduled for the week.  My hopes of a sub-2:00 half marathon were slipping away.


No comments:

Post a Comment