Friday, October 21, 2022

Week 12

It was time to taper training as the half marathon quickly approached.  The longest run was only 3 miles.  A lot of runners complain about having to taper but I had no problem with the fewer miles.


The weather forecast for race day was calling for light rain and 5 degrees.  I struggled with deciding what to wear.  I decided to go with a couple layers without rain gear.


Running socks were included with the registration and I tried them out on one of the short runs.  I liked the feel and decided to go with them for race day.


When I signed up for the half marathon, I was required to provide an estimated race time.  Since I was basically starting from scratch, I put down 2:15.  I hoped that was pessimistic.  My previous two half marathons were done in 1:56:48 and 1:57:59 and I still held out hope of a sub-2 hour time even though I'm 14 years older than my last race. 


I was happy to see that my VO2 Max continued to rebound and was back up to 39.9.


No comments:

Post a Comment