Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Portland bound?

No, I haven't signed up for the Portland Marathon yet. But I did book a hotel room just in case. I'll decide in the next 3 weeks whether I'm going to do it or not.

Today was Day 2 of Week 1 of the One Hundred Push Ups Challenge. This workout called for sets of 12/12/10/10 and finally as many as possible (minimum 10) with 90 second breaks. I managed 31 push ups for the final set.

I have also decided to adapt the hundred push up program for sit ups. So, I'm now doing the One Hundred Sit Ups Challenge as well. I did the 12/12/10/10 sets and then did 40 sit ups as the final set. I'm doing the sit ups with arms crossed over my chest, knees bent and with nothing securing my feet.

I also had my mid-week kinda long run today. It was only 5 miles and felt pretty good. I took it easy on yesterday's 3 mile run. As I mentioned, my legs felt pretty tired the morning after my 10 mile run last Friday. By Saturday afternoon, it turned to actual soreness so I have decided not to push things too much this week. It's a recovery week any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment