Thursday, April 3, 2008

Stanley Park

I have heard stories about the hill at the 8 mile mark of the BMO Vancouver Half Marathon. The race goes through scenic Stanley Park (a must-see for any visitor to Vancouver). Since today was a rest day, I decided to go for a walk around Stanley Park and check it out.


I haven't been to the park in years so, although I was generally familiar with the route, I had no recollection of how bad the hill was. I was quite surprised by the number of trees damaged from the wind storms last year. You read about it in the papers but still it's quite a shock to see.


The hill itself was generally gradual for about a mile as you climb up to Prospect Point.


It's followed by a nice downhill stretch that will be good to make back some of the time lost.

It's not as bad as the hill I ran yesterday but much longer. I think more hill work has to be part of the plan for the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment