Friday, April 18, 2008

T minus 2 weeks

The BMO Vancouver Half Marathon is now just over two weeks away. This week's runs were shorter as part of tapering but I kept up the intensity. I did speed work on Monday, some hill work on Wednesday and then 8 miles today. I upped my speed for the last 2 miles to something closer to my race pace. Cardio-wise I felt good and my knee was fine but the bottom of my feet hurt and I was probably close to suffering blisters. I think it's time to get some new running socks.

I had thought about entering this Sunday's Vancouver Sun Run instead of running today's miles but decided against it. I really enjoy running the Sun Run and it would have been a good rehearsal for an early morning race but I probably would have been tempted to go for a PR (personal record) and that may be a bit risky with only 2 weeks to get ready for the half.

No comments:

Post a Comment